Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

It's roughly been a year since the Forty-Fifth Paradox first opened its doors. I looked up on Wikipedia typical anniversary gifts, and I came up with these: Paper, Cotton, and/or Clocks. Apparently Americans ( "traditional" ones give paper, and "modern" ones give clocks) need a concrete reminder. British people apparently need to clothe themselves more. While I'm too poor to actually buy you a pad of paper (or a card), or a time keeping device, I do want to wish my guests a Happy Anniversary!

A lot has changed in the past year. One thing you have have noticed already: the colors you're staring at will long longer give you a migraine. I do try to give my guests the most comfortable (or most engaging) experience possible, and believe me, the old theme bugged me too. Another thing that's changed quite a bit (and quite often) is the rate I post. For a while (out of guilt) I tried entertaining everyone everyday, which proved to be too big a drain on my time and mental resources. At one point last fall, my guests would be lucky to find fresh accommodations once a month. I'm still trying to find a happy medium, but at least everyone will stay alert and on their toes (or subscribe to the feed.) Probably less noticeable is one giant upgrade the Paradox went through earlier this week. Some unlucky readers would have noticed the locked door and technological gibberish spread at the top of the page. I do apologize, and I can assure all of you it won't happen in the future if I have anything to do with it.

How can you participate in the celebration? I have a few suggestions:

Come on in,

It might not be what you expect,

But who wants the expected?

Who wants the old, the used, the endlessly recycled ideas?

Come on in,

And have a seat by the fire,

Continually burning with the bluest flames,

And warm yourself,

But try not to get burned.

3 comments:

  1. I like the new layout. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I love it. I absolutely hated the old layout, but before I upgraded Wordpress I had to install new themes with FTP and it was a pain. The new system is a lot more streamlined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] I looked up on Wikipedia typical anniversary gifts , and I came up with these: Paper, Cotton, and/or Clocks. Apparently Americans ( “traditional” ones give paper, and “modern” ones give clocks) need a concrete reminder. …Next Page [...]

    ReplyDelete