Friday, February 13, 2009

A Manifestation

Dear Person Two Seats Away From Me:

Thank you so much for your quick rejection to my confession of my love for you. It helped me realize something, that I'm better off without an attachment to you. I realized that I have tresses redder than mahogany, skin softer and sweeter than peaches, and fingernails stronger than most without your help. Not only that, I realized I can sing, dance, frolic, and sway without the aid of a boyfriend. In some cases, a boyfriend would only get in the way.

Don't take it too personally, but I'm breaking off our relationship before it starts. Don't cry for me, okay? And I won't write to that other guy, that's something you'll have to fix all on your own, because I don't need you anymore.

Not yours,

Formerly Your Secret Admirer

2 comments:

  1. These letters remind me of love letters I sent to someone I had a crush on several years ago. They weren't creeped out by the letters, but I never told them it was me because they were moving away. It also reminds me of a time even further back when someone really did find out that I had a crush on them (no letters that time) and was really creeped out by it, seldom talking to me after that. Now I just don't tell people, but then again, nothing happens either. Meh, I'll just continue my bittersweet relationship with college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, my letters were a bit...more, hypothetical, about an interest I've been back and forth about. The first reflects my non-hinting nature. I'm either blantantly obvious or encryptic as classified files.

    ReplyDelete