Friday, January 16, 2009

Box of Tears

Here's a guest post by my friend and fellow writer, Stephen J. Brown. You can find his blog here: http://blog.stephenjbrown.com/ I'll be back next week after a crazy weekend of mime-training and a full week of class.

O box of tears
And all my fears,
Don't ever open.
Don't ever, ever open.
I'll make my deposit,
And lock you up tight.
I'll set you up right
In my closet.
When I get restless,
I'll open the door
To admire you more.
In a wink, you remind me
That you are still there.
But please don't remind me
Of what you contain.
You remain
My favorite box
To put things in.
But is it a sin
To say having is painful?
I feel much more happy when I am without.
So do me a favor,
You're such a lifesaver,
And make sure they never come out.
So now, I shut the door,
O box of tears,
Don't ever open anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment