Friday, November 8, 2013

Dream Diary #5

Frequently I have dreams about apartments and houses. This is one of those. 

It began as once again, my roommates and I had moved to a new place. This one was shockingly spacious, with rooms as big as some apartments. For whatever reason, my roommate Bree and I were sharing the master bedroom, with two separate futons. Every wall in the house was shockingly white, and the overcast sun poured through the windows during the day. All the windows were on the same side of the house. We had another pair of roommates living in the other wing of the house, one that we rarely stepped inside. Our living room, dining room, and kitchen stretched from our bedrooms to the other end of the house in one cavernous stretch.

However, none of this was on my mind as I attempted, and failed, to unpack my things. I had the worst headache and exhaustion known to man. I tried napping, but the ache in my head failed to go away. It was a heavy, burning, pervasive sort of ache, one that glued me to my mattress. The stress of knowing we had company later that night did not help one bit.

By that night, Bree had been replaced by my friend Sammi. I'm not sure if Sammi had moved in, or if she was just helping me host this strange dinner. Apparently we had invited one of my celebrity crushes to dinner with his father and brother, to discuss some sort of business plan. This actor intended to moonlight as a farmer, or something. I don't really remember, as my headache still hadn't gone away. It took all my energy to pay attention as they quizzed each other about land use in the darkness.

The lights weren't on! None! We might have a candle or two lit, and we could hardly see each other. I scrambled to turn all the lights on, except I couldn't remember where all of them were. Embarrassed, I felt along each wall for every light switch I could find. By the time I was done, I could hardly move, and our house was filled with light. Part of me worried about our upcoming electric bill.

I dragged myself to bed as the sun came up through the windows, overpowering all our lamps. In my minds eye I could see and hear Mr. Actor ask Sammi in his English accent "Is she alright?"

"She has as migraine. She'll be fine." Sammi answered, her ever-present grin on her face.

"Would she mind if I joined her?"

Sammi sniggered. "Not at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment