Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dream Diary #3

Another speed post. I have a bad habit of forgetting to record my dreams until I only have ten minutes to write them.

I left my job as a hostess at a restaurant a week ago, and so of course, I would start having a new kind of nightmare about them. Before, when I would dream about that job, it was all about the restaurant's layout changing rapidly and swarms of customers at the door. One dream even featured a multi-layered floor plan that changed every few seconds. 


In this dream, however, I opened my eyes and I was walking through the restaurant in mid morning. They were starting to get busy, but that's not what I noticed. It seemed that all the employees had changed in a matter of one week. I only recognized the manager and the owners. The manager guided me to the office, which had somehow shrunk while I was gone. Now, it was even more of an oversize closet.

"I need you to print out some shift sheets and the waiting list." My manager said with her hand on my shoulder, before she walked out.

No problem, I thought as I logged into the computer. Another thing had changed: instead of the computer desk being on my right as I entered the office, it now faced the door. Who knows what happened to the safe that used to be in its place. The operating system had changed too, and it was nothing I recognized. It looked more like a badly designed advertisement game for some fast food company than an OS. More and more of the owners piled into the office to give me advice on how to use the computer, and so did the hosts and servers. By the end of my dream, the office had turned into a clown car.

I soon realized I no longer worked at this restaurant, and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment